Looking to cover your classic Toyota? Let the specialists at Lancaster Insurance Services help protect your pride and joy.
From the high performance Supra to the practical Land Cruiser, Toyota produced some of the most eye-catching and reliable cars ever made. Whichever classic car you own from the world-renowned Japanese manufacturer, you need specialist cover for ultimate protection. That's where we come in.
Our team of classic car experts are passionate about vintage vehicles and have over 35 years of experience insuring heritage motors like yours. We know what Toyota owners are really looking for when it comes to protection, which is why we carefully scan our panel of trusted insurers to come up with the right fit for you.
Classic Toyota insurance benefits at a glance
With over three decades of specialising in Toyota cover, we make it our top priority to help every owner tailor their policy to their individual circumstances, which can include:
- Your choice of repairer
- Laid-up cover
- Historic rally and static show protection
- Two-year agreed value for £18
- Discount for limited mileage
- Free cover in the EU (for up to 90 days)
- Classic car club member discount
- Salvage retention
- 24-hour claims hotline
- UK-based call centre
Whether you need modern classic car insurance or are looking to protect an older Toyota, get in touch for a quote today by calling 01480 484826.
Key facts about Toyota
- Toyota Motor Corporation was founded in Japan 1937.
- Toyota's founder, Kiichiro Toyoda, created the company on the back of his father's company, Toyota Industries.
- Toyota's first passenger car, the Toyota AA, was produced a year before the company was founded under Toyota Industries.
- Toyota has created many iconic cars over the years such as the stunning 2000GT that appeared in the James Bond film You Only Live Twice, the Celica and the Supra.
- In 1997, Toyota introduced the Prius – the world's first mass-produced hybrid car.
Our specialist insurance benefits
When you protect your classic car with the specialists, you get a range of benefits as standard:
Free cover throughout the EU
Get up to 90 days free protection for your Toyota when driving through Europe.
Got a favourite garage you use to keep your Toyota in tip-top condition? Insure your motor with us and choose your own repairer.
Low mileage reductions
Does your classic Toyota only make an appearance in fine weather or on special occasions? Give us a call to discuss a reduced mileage price for your policy.
Savings for classic club members
We work with Toyota clubs up and down the country to offer members a discount on their premiums.
Laid up cover
Taking your classic off the road for the winter? Planning a restoration? Whatever the case, we'll protect it while it's tucked away.
If you've got more than one classic car to cover, ask about our multi-car insurance discount.
Tailor your classic car insurance to suit you
Let us help you customise your policy to your exact needs with a range of optional add-ons:
- UK and EU breakdown cover: Even the best kept motors can break down. We'll get you driving again before you know it. For cover in the both the UK and EU, it will cost a total of £74.95.
- Key cover: Forever losing your car keys? Add this extra and we'll pay for a replacement set in the event of loss or theft. Key cover costs a total of £19.95.
- Gadget protection: From phones to laptops, we can cover any gadgets or devices in the car. Gadget protection costs a total of £49.95.
- Legal protection: Get cover for legal expenses if you need to defend a claim. Legal protection costs a total of £34.95.
As an optional extra to your cover, you could also consider:
- Agreed value: To avoid market fluctuations affecting the true worth of your vehicle, agree its value with our expert and we'll guarantee the full amount back in a total loss claim. Two-year agreed valuation costs a total of £18.
Why get Toyota insurance with Lancaster Insurance Services?
Being one of the leading classic car insurance brokers in the UK since 1984, Lancaster Insurance Services really understands the unique nature of classic cars and what it takes to protect such special investments.
Choose Lancaster Insurance Services to protect your car and benefit from:
- Free European cover
- Limited mileage discounts
- Your preferred repairer
- Classic car club member reductions
- Laid up cover
- Multi vehicle policies
To tailor a policy to suit your needs, get in touch with our team today. Call us on 01480 484826, request a call back or fill out your details online.
What other classics can we insure?
Get in touch with the team today if you need protection for any of the following:
- Wedding cars
- Kit conversions
- Electric vehicles
- Campervans and motorhomes
- Military vehicles
- Quad bikes
- Modern classic car insurance policies
Call Lancaster Insurance Services to discuss your range of classic vehicles and we'll try to arrange a multi-car policy at a competitive price.
How can I get a Toyota car insurance quote from Lancaster?
Getting a quote from Lancaster Insurance Services is quick and simple.
You can get an online quote by clicking the “Buy Online” button on the right.
This will take you to our quoting portal; just follow the steps and enter all of your information.
Don't forget to select your preferred excess amount as well as your level of policy, whether that's third party, fire and theft or fully comprehensive.
If you would prefer to call us direct, you can contact us on 01480 484826 and we will be happy to go through your quote with you.
Alternatively, you can fill out our “Quick Quote” form and one of our operators will give you a call back at a more convenient time.
With Toyota being such a popular manufacturer, there are many different models that we cover.
That's why we try to cater for as many as possible, from vintage vehicles to the modern classics.
Here's a list of the most popular Toyota models we cover:
- Toyota Corolla
- Toyota MR2
- Toyota Celica
- Toyota Supra
- Toyota Y2000 GT
- Toyota Land Cruiser
Yes, we can find bespoke cover for most modified classics.
Some changes can affect the performance or value of the vehicle so contact the team today to see what difference this makes to your premiums.
Any vehicle that's over 40 years old has officially attained classic – or heritage vehicle – status.
If your Toyota is a little younger than that, you can still insure it as a classic. We look at things like how it's used and where it's stored to help us find the right cover for your circumstances.
To protect your vehicle for the future with modern classic car insurance, call us today.
Classic cars can be defined as those over 40 years old, exempt from tax and MOT.
Modern classics are usually aged between 10 and 30 years old. Built to more modern standards, many were used as everyday cars but now numbers are dwindling, collector interest is on the rise.
Every classic car owner and their motor is unique, which is why there's no one price fits all as far as classic policies go.
Your premiums might cost a little less than your regular car insurance because classic car owners tend to take better care of their cars and cover fewer miles.
Insurers will calculate your premiums based on:
- Where you live and work
- Your age
- Your driving history
- Agreed policy excess
- Annual mileage
- Any modifications you've made to your car
- Where you store it when not in use
- The optional extras you choose
You might be able to save some money on protection for classic cars by making a few changes to how you drive, care for and store your Toyota, including:
- Lowering your annual mileage
- Paying your premiums yearly instead of monthly
- Choosing any policy extras carefully
- Storing your classic in a safe, secure place
- Insuring more than one car with us
Speak to our team to see how these changes could affect your insurance costs.