Bright Young Sparks Competition - Terms & Conditions
- These Competitions are run by Lancaster Insurance Services, a trading name of Insurance Factory Limited, a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 02982445 whose registered office is at 45 Westerham Road, Bessels Green, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN13 2QB. Lancaster Insurance Services is part of the Markerstudy Insurance Group of companies (“the Promoter”).
- These terms and conditions apply to the Promoter’s Competition(s) to win:
Six winners will be selected who will each receive the following:-
- £250 in the form of a voucher to go towards tools (or other supplies related to the classic car industry if applicable, as deemed acceptable by Lancaster Insurance Services)
- Two day tickets to the Practical Classics Classic Car and Restoration Show in March 2024
- An exclusive feature in Practical Classics Magazine, in the Lancaster Insurance Services newsletter and on our website and social channels
- Out of the initial six winners selected, one winner will also win a 'Classic Car Industry Taster’ week, including:
- A day learning about a course in classic vehicle mechanics at a renowned classic motor school
- A day with a classic vehicle restorer
- Time with a leading classic motor publication
- Meet and talk to other inspiring industry professionals
- And of course spend time with Lancaster Insurance Services!
- Acceptance of these terms and conditions is a condition of entry. By entering the Competition(s), you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions. If you are nominating someone else they will also be required to agree to these terms and conditions in order to be eligible to the accept the prize.
- The Promoter will select the initial six winners based on the content of the nominations received which in the Promoter’s opinion demonstrate a passion for classic cars. The decision of the Promoter is final.
- In the event of any inconsistencies between these terms and conditions and any other instructions or terms, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
- The Competition(s) are open to all residents of the United Kingdom aged between 16 and 25 except employees of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies. If you are under 18, you must ask someone over 18 to complete the entry form. In entering the Competition(s), you confirm that you (or the person you are nominating) are eligible to enter the competition and eligible to claim any prize you may win. We may ask you or the person nominated to provide proof of eligibility.
- Six winners will be selected by Lancaster Insurance Services. Details of the six winners will then be published in the Promoter’s newsletter and on the Promoter’s website and social media channels. The overall winner will be selected by a panel of judges and then be awarded the 'Classic Car Industry Taster' trip prize.
- To enter the Competition(s), complete the following action:
- a) Visit www.lancasterinsurance.co.uk/competitions/ and complete the form.
- The competition will open from 00.01am(GMT) on 01st June 2023 (“Opening Time”) and close at 23.59 (GMT) on 31st January 2024 (“Closing Time”). If you enter the competition, either before the Opening Time or after the Closing Time your entry will not be accepted.
- The initial six winners will be announced by 5pm(GMT) on 24th March 2024 via telephone or email. The winners must confirm they wish to claim the prize by claimed by 5pm (GMT) on 31st March 2024. There will be a panel of judges to vote to select the overall winner.
- The Prize is awarded conditionally upon the Winner’s acceptance of it. To accept the prize, the winner must confirm via email or phone when Lancaster Insurance Services contact them to let them know that they have won. If the Prize is unclaimed within 14 working days of the Winner being notified by email or phone, the Prize shall be deemed as unclaimed or unaccepted and a supplementary Winner may be chosen at the Promoter’s sole discretion. The Promoter shall not be held responsible for non-delivery of the Prize at the address provided and no alternative will be provided. It is your responsibility to inform the Promoter of any change to your contact details.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries submitted incorrectly or delayed, that do not comply with the terms and conditions.
- The Promoter’s decision as to entrants taking part and the Winner is final. No correspondence relating to the Competition(s) will be entered into.
- Our liability to you for any direct, indirect or consequential damage or loss is excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law and in particular we will have no liability to the Winner or to any other third party in respect of any issue which affects the quality or fitness for any particular purpose of the Prize or any damage or loss resulting from making use of the Prize. You further accept that any replacement or substitution of the Prize is at our sole discretion and we are under no obligation to do so.
- The Prize(s) are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is available. There is no cost to enter the Competition(s). The Winner agrees not to sell, offer to sell or use the Prize for any commercial or promotional purpose (including placing the Prize on an internet auction site).
- The Promoter, reserves the right, at their discretion, to:
(i) amend these terms and conditions; and
(ii) disqualify any entrants who do not comply with these terms and conditions or has acted fraudulently in any
(iii) suspend or cancel the Competition(s) at any time and without providing any prior notice, if in its opinion it is
deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside its control; and
(v) substitute the Prize or any element of the Prize including the Prize value in the event that the Prize cannot be
provided to the Winner.
- The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction, availability or functionality or otherwise or any other problem with any server, system, network or mobile operator or service provider or otherwise which may result in any nomination or vote from the panel of judges not being properly logged, not recorded or recognised.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit or exclude the Promoter’s liability for
a) death or personal injury caused by its negligence;
b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
20. Subject to clause 16 and to the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for damages or losses to persons, the Winner, of property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership and/or use of the Prize or any element of the Prize, any acts or omissions of its agents.
21. If any of these terms and conditions are found by a competent court or other competent authority to be void or unenforceable, that term or condition shall be modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable.
22. This Competition(s) are governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
23. If you have any questions in connection with the Competition(s), please e-mail us: email@example.com.
Data Protection Terms
1. Who is Processing Your Personal Data
Lancaster Insurance Services, a trading name of Insurance Factory Limited a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 02982445 whose registered office is at 45 Westerham Road, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN13 2QB. Lancaster Insurance Services is part of the Markerstudy Insurance Group of companies (“the Promoter”).
If you are providing someone else’s details then you must also make them aware of these Data Protection Terms.
References in these clauses to “you” include the person completing the form and the person who is being nominated.
2. Use of Personal Data
Your personal information will be collected and processed by us and where applicable, our service providers and suppliers, for the purposes of administering and fulfilling the Competition.
You may also be asked if you want to receive marketing communications from us when you enter a Competition. If you choose to do so, we will also use your personal information for marketing purposes (see our Privacy Notice for more details). You can opt out from receiving marketing communications from us at any time.
3. Storage and Retention of Personal Data
4. Consent to Use of Winner’s Personal Data for Promotional Purposes
If you are the winner, we may wish to post competition stories or images relating to your win, including your picture or video, in the following:
- Social Media posts (such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- Marketing Material for Insurance Factory Limited brands, namely Lancaster Insurance Services e.g. on our social media accounts, e-newsletters and websites.
If you are the winner, you will be contacted separately following conclusion of the Competition at which point you will be given more information about the promotional stories we wish to post and your written consent will be sought.
5. Acceptance of Data Protection Terms
By entering the Competition, you acknowledge that any personal information provided by you in connection with the Competition will be processed as set out in the Data Protection Terms above and in accordance with our Privacy Notice, which sets out full details of how we process personal data and how you can exercise your rights as a data subject.