Bright Young Sparks Competition - Terms & Conditions
1. These Competitions are run by Lancaster Insurance Services, a trading name of Insurance Factory Limited, a
company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 02982445 whose registered
office is at 45 Westerham Road, Bessels Green, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN13 2QB. Lancaster Insurance Services is part
of the Markerstudy Insurance Group of companies (“the Promoter”).
2. These terms and conditions apply to the Promoter’s Competition(s) to win:
- £250 in the form of a voucher to go towards tools (or other supplies related to the classic car industry if applicable, as deemed acceptable by Lancaster Insurance)
- Two day tickets to the Practical Classics Classic Car and Restoration Show in March 2023
- An exclusive feature in the Lancaster Insurance newsletter and on our website and social channels, all about them and their love of classic cars
- One winner of the above prize will also win a 'Classic Car Industry Taster’ trip, including:
- A day learning about a course in classic vehicle mechanics at a renowned classic motor school - such as Heritage Skills Academy Bicester
- A day with a classic vehicle restorer
- Time with a leading classic motor publication
- Meet and talk to other inspiring industry professionals
- And of course spend time with Lancaster Insurance!
3. Acceptance of these terms and conditions is a condition of entry. By entering the Competition(s), you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions.
4. The Promoter agrees to comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018 and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), including any subordinate legislation made under it and any provision amending, superseding it or re-enacting it (whether with or without modification).
6. The Competition(s) are open to all residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over except employees of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies. In entering the Competition(s), you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. We may ask you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the Competition(s).
7. Six winners will be selected by Lancaster Insurance. One of the six winners will be then be awarded the 'Classic Car Industry Taster' trip prize, based on who gets the most votes in a public vote. You can enter each competition between the opening and closing date of that month.
8. To enter the Competition(s), complete the following action:
a) Visit www.lancasterinsurance.co.uk/competitions/ and complete the form.
9. If you are chosen as a winner, you will be required to consent to the Data Protection Terms at the foot of this document in order to claim the prize.
10. The competition will open from 00.01am (GMT) on 15th July 2022 (“Opening Time”) and close at 23.59 (GMT) on 31st January 2023 (“Closing Time”). If you enter the competition, either before the Opening Time or after the Closing Time your entry will not be accepted.
11. The "winners" will be announced by 5pm (GMT) on 3rd February 2023 via telephone or email. The prize must be claimed by 5pm (GMT) on 10th February 2023.
12. The Prize is awarded conditionally upon the Winner’s acceptance of it. To accept the prize, the winner must confirm via email or phone when Lancaster Insurance contact them to let them know that they have won. If the Prize is unclaimed within 14 working days of the Winner being notified by email or phone, the Prize shall be deemed as unclaimed or unaccepted and a supplementary Winner may be chosen at the Promoter’s sole discretion. The Promoter shall not be held responsible for non-delivery of the Prize at the address provided and no alternative will be provided. It is your responsibility to inform the Promoter of any change to your contact details.
13. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries submitted incorrectly or delayed, that do not comply with the terms and conditions.
14. The Promoter’s decision as to entrants taking part and the Winner is final. No correspondence relating to the Competition(s) will be entered into.
15. Our liability to you for any direct, indirect or consequential damage or loss is excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law and in particular we will have no liability to the Winner or to any other third party in respect of any issue which affects the quality or fitness for any particular purpose of the Prize or any damage or loss resulting from making use of the Prize. You further accept that any replacement or substitution of the Prize is at our sole discretion and we are under no obligation to do so.
16. The Prize(s) are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is available. There is no cost to enter the Competition(s). The Winner agrees not to sell, offer to sell or use the Prize for any commercial or promotional purpose (including placing the Prize on an internet auction site).
17. The Promoter, reserves the right, at their discretion, to:
(i) amend these terms and conditions; and
(ii) disqualify any entrants who do not comply with these terms and conditions or has acted fraudulently in any
(iii) suspend or cancel the Competition(s) at any time and without providing any prior notice, if in its opinion it is
deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside its control; and
(v) substitute the Prize or any element of the Prize including the Prize value in the event that the Prize cannot be
provided to the Winner.
18. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction, availability or functionality or otherwise or any other problem with any server, system, network or mobile operator or service provider or otherwise which may result in any registration not being properly logged, not recorded or recognised.
19. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit or exclude the Promoter’s liability for:
a) death or personal injury caused by its negligence;
b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
19. Subject to clause 16 and to the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for damages or losses to persons, the Winner, of property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership and/or use of the Prize or any element of the Prize, any acts or omissions of its agents.
20. If any of these terms and conditions are found by a competent court or other competent authority to be void or unenforceable, that term or condition shall be modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable.
21. This Competition(s) are governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
22. If you have any questions in connection with the Competition(s), please e-mail us: email@example.com.
Data Protection Terms
1. Who is Processing Your Personal Data
Lancaster Insurance Services, a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 02982445 whose registered office is at 45 Westerham Road, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN13 2QB. Lancaster Insurance Services is part of the Markerstudy Insurance Group of companies (“the Promoter”).
2. Use of Personal Data
By providing the Promoter with your picture or video, you consent for your picture or video to be used for the following purposes:
o Uploaded to Social Media (such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
o Direct Marketing communications (such as E-newsletters)
o Administering the Survey Prize(s)/ Competition Prize(s) including, but not limited to contacting you to verify your identity and notifying you when you win.
3. Sharing of Personal Data
I consent that the Promoter may share my personal data with:
a) Any company which is part of the Promoter’s group
4. Exclusion of Entry
The Promoter reserves the right (in its absolute discretion) to exclude your entry if the Promoter feels the correct permissions are not in place or if it otherwise believes that the image is or may be promoting an illegal activity, in poor taste or otherwise cause offence.