Multi-car Insurance from Lancaster Insurance Services
Owning multiple cars is a dream for many car enthusiasts. However, managing insurance for each of these prized possessions can be a hassle. Multi classic car insurance offers an ideal solution by combining coverage for all your classic vehicles under a single policy.
What is multi classic car insurance?
Multi classic car insurance, also known as a classic car insurance multi policy, is a type of insurance policy that covers multiple classic vehicles under a single plan. This multi car policy is designed to offer a convenient and cost-effective insurance solution for classic car collectors and enthusiasts who own more than one classic vehicle.
With a multi classic car insurance policy, you can manage all your classic car insurance needs in one place, reducing the hassle of remembering multiple classic car policy numbers and renewal dates.
Advantages of multi classic car insurance
There are several benefits of choosing a multi vehicle insurance policy over individual policies for each vehicle. Some of the key advantages include:
By consolidating all your classic cars under one policy, you can streamline your classic multi car insurance management. You'll have a single renewal date, policy number, and point of contact for all your classic cars, making it easier to keep track of your coverage.
Insuring multiple classic cars under a single policy may lead to discounts on your overall premium. Insurance providers often offer multi-car discount as an incentive for policyholders to insure all their vehicles with them.
Simplified claims process
In the event of a claim, having all your classic cars insured under one policy can make the process smoother and less complicated. You'll only need to contact one insurance company and provide a single policy number to start the claims process.
Cover options for multi classic car insurance
Multi classic car insurance policies offer a range of coverage options to suit the unique needs of classic car owners and collectors. Some of the most common coverage types include:
- Liability cover: Provides protection for bodily injury and property damage liability in the event of an accident caused by the policyholder.
- Collision cover: Covers the cost of repairs or replacement of a classic car if it's damaged in an accident, regardless of fault.
- Comprehensive cover: Protects against non-collision-related damages, such as theft, vandalism, fire, or natural disasters.
- 2 year agreed valuation: Offers coverage for the agreed-upon value of the classic car, as determined by the policyholder and insurance provider, rather than the depreciated value or actual cash value. This is an optional extra and costs a total of £18.
- Breakdown cover: Provides support for towing, flat tire changes, and other assistance in the event of a breakdown or mechanical issue. We offer breakdown cover as an optional add-on, throughout the whole of the UK and European Union for a fee of £74.95.
- Spare parts cover: Offers protection for the cost of replacement or repair for rare or specialised classic car parts.
How to get a classic car insurance quote
Obtaining a quote for classic car insurance is easy and can be done through various methods. To get a quote for your classic vehicles or any other insurance products, you can click here to access the online quote form.
Alternatively, if you prefer to speak with a member of the insurance team, you can call 01480 484 826 for more information. Be prepared to provide details about all your vehicles, such as make, model, age, and estimated value, as well as information about your driving history and intended usage.
For classic car collectors and enthusiasts, multi classic car insurance offers a convenient and cost-effective solution to fully comprehensive cover for all their precious vehicles under a single policy. By understanding the coverage options, eligibility requirements, and factors affecting premiums, you can make an informed decision and find the best multi classic car insurance policy for your needs.
Available Benefits at a Glance:
- Classic Car Club members discount
- Static Show Cover
- Historic Rally Cover
- Choice of repairer
- Free EU cover up to 90 days
- Agreed Valuation available from £10
- Laid Up Cover Available
- 24 Hour Claims Helpline
- UK Based Call Centre
- Limit Mileage Discounts Available
Not all classic car owners may be eligible for multi car insurance. Insurance providers typically have specific criteria that vehicles must meet to qualify for this type of policy. Some common eligibility requirements include:
- Vehicle condition: Classic cars must be well-maintained and in good working condition to qualify for multi classic car insurance. Some insurers may require a professional appraisal or inspection before offering coverage
- Vehicle age: Most insurance providers consider a car to be classic if it is at least 15-20 years old. However, some companies may have different age requirements based on the make and model of the vehicle.
Several factors can impact the cost of your multi car insurance policy. Some of the most significant factors include:
- Number of vehicles: The more classic cars you insure under a single multi car policy, the higher your overall premium may be. However, the per-vehicle cost may be lower than insuring each car individually.
- Vehicle age and condition: Older, well-maintained vintage cars with a higher value may command higher premiums due to their increased risk of damage or theft.
- Cover options: Choosing additional coverage options, such as agreed value or spare parts coverage, can increase your premium.
- Usage: Classic cars with higher annual mileage or those used as an everyday vehicle for commuting purposes may have higher premiums than those driven primarily for pleasure or at car shows.
- Driver's age and driving history: Younger drivers or those with a history of accidents or traffic violations may face higher premiums.
There are several ways to reduce the cost of your multi car insurance policy, including:
- Increase excess: Opting for a higher excess can lower your premium, as you'll be responsible for a larger portion of the costs in the event of a claim. However, be sure to choose a excess amount that you can comfortably afford.
- Maintain a clean driving record: Drivers with a history of safe driving and no traffic violations are often eligible for lower premiums.
- Store your classic cars securely: Keeping your classic cars in a secure, locked garage or storage facility can help reduce the risk of theft or vandalism, leading to lower premiums.
Yes, most insurance providers allow you to add or remove vehicles from your multi classic car insurance policy as needed. You may need to provide updated information about your vehicle collection and any changes may affect your premium.
No, multi classic car insurance policies typically cover a variety of classic car makes and models under the same policy.
Most multi classic car insurance policies have restrictions on usage and may not cover classic cars used for daily commuting purposes. However, some insurance providers may offer specific coverage options for classic cars driven more frequently.
Our multi-car insurance plans allow for the addition, modification, and removal of vehicles during the policy term as needed. While we, like others, impose an administrative fee for policy alterations like adding or removing vehicles. Contrary to others, we do not charge fees for minor adjustments, such as updating a registration number.